In this tutorial, we’ll provide an overview of the Conversations section of your menu. Read on to learn how to navigate through this section.
Step 1: Accessing Your Messages.
- Click into your Conversations inbox.
- In the first column on the left, you’ll see a list of your messages.
- Using filters, you can navigate between unread, read, starred, and all messages. Unread messages are messages that have not yet been read. Recent will show messages received within the last several days. All will, of course, be all of your messages.
- You can search in the box at the top for a specific message or use the dropdown menu to sort from Oldest or Latest messages first.
Step 2: Viewing Conversation History
- When you click on a message, you'll see the conversation history in the center.
- You can scroll up and “fetch older messages,” depending on the length of history of conversations you've had with the particular contact.
- When searching for a conversation, you can filter by: conversations type, assignee, and last channel of communication (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, SMS)
Step 3: Marking unread conversations as read. You have a few options to do this...
- You can respond using an SMS or email at the bottom of the conversation history section in the center panel.
- In the top right, there’s a button to mark the conversation as read.
- You can also select multiple conversations and use the ‘Actions’ tab to Mark them as Read or Unread, or Starred or Unstarred for multiple conversations.
Step 4: Adding Tags
In the sidebar, you will see a pop-up with the User’s Contact information. Here you can add or takeaway tags to help organize the contact in your system.
Step 5: Starring a Conversation
- Starring a conversation is useful to mark them as important and a visible reminder to come back to this conversation.
- Starring and Unstarring can be done on an individual basis, as well as using Bulk Actions.
Step 6: Viewing Contact Information associated with the conversation
- The third panel on the right-hand side provides a snippet of the contact information for the user that you are interacting with.
- You can click the phone button to call the phone number, and you can view their email address.
- You can add tags, toggle on or off the DND, and you can also add them to a campaign by clicking the add button under active campaigns.
- You can click “Create Opportunity,” fill out the appropriate details and click “Add” to confirm.
- By clicking “Schedule,” you can book an appointment for the user.
- Conversations can be completely deleted or archived using the buttons in this 3rd panel too.
Step 7: Clearing your inbox
- If desired, you can use bulk actions to mass delete messages in your conversations tab.
This has been an overview of what you can do in the Conversations section. This area will be used for communication with individual contacts where automation is not sufficient or appropriate.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article