If a contact meets a certain goal or condition within the workflow, you may want to move them automatically to a specific part of the workflow, without being required to complete additional steps. We’ve created the Goal Event in Workflows to help you achieve just that.
What is a goal event? It allows you to set a specific goal for a workflow. From the time a contact enters a workflow, the system will be watching for the specified event to occur, no matter what steps the contact is in. When the contact achieves that specific event/condition, they’ll be moved to the goal step directly. This is currently a feature supported for email events and trigger link clicks.
Follow these steps to learn how to use the Goal event:
Step 1: Adding The Action To a Workflow
- Navigate to the Workflow you wish to add the Goal event to
- Select the Workflow action called “Goal Event”
- Choose “Received email event” or “Clicked a trigger link”
- Customize the Workflow action
- Save to confirm your changes
- What if the contact reaches a Goal Event without having met the conditions? If the Goal event was not reached by the time the contact reaches the goal action in your Workflow, there are 3 options: End this workflow, Continue Anyway, or Wait until the Goal is met. Be sure to select the appropriate option when customizing your Workflow action.