The “text 2 pay” feature allows you to send a payment link directly to a contact for them to pay you for products or services. You can do this through an individual contact record or the Conversations tab. The available link will include an option for them to click directly there to make a payment to you. This is a great and convenient way to process payments. Follow the steps below to start using the “text 2 pay” feature.
Step 1: Ensure your Stripe account is integrated.
- Navigate to Payments
- Add your Stripe Secret key, or use Stripe Connect. (Stripe Connect is the preferred method for security.)
- You can also navigate to Settings > Integrations to check if your Stripe account is connected already.
Step 2: Create the invoice link.
- Navigate to Conversations and choose a contact, or navigate to Contacts and click into the contact record.
- Within the messaging section, there will be a small icon that is a circle with a dollar sign.
- A popup window will appear that looks like this:
- You can add an item with a name and cost.
- Click the plus sign to add additional items, or the trashcan icon to delete any you wish to remove.
- You’ll see the total added up under the list of items.
- The invoice number will be automatically generated.
- Next, choose a link expiration date.
- NOTE: The link will expire at midnight.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Step 3: Send the SMS message.
- The link will now be created in the SMS draft.
- Add any additional text you wish to include.
- Send your message.